The Alchemist is very powerful indeed and has become lost in his experimentations. He seeks to change the forms of solids into liquids and liquids into solids. Who knows what could be possible if we could harness his power…
He wore a bandana, was blind in one eye and his right front arm and leg were artificial limbs of wood, which he fitted onto himself after their loss through the physical mutilations suffered by his Skeksis counterpart.
He was forever lost in his alchemical experiments, constantly seeking to change the forms of substances. He approached his work with humility, as he knew that he could never create anything that was nature's work. He was also responsible for arranging the Standing Stones to form a web of protective energy around the Valley.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Dark Crystal Author Quest: The Gelfling Gathering, The Jim Henson Company (2013)
- Henson, J. & Oz, F. (dir.); Henson, J., Kurtz, G. & Lazer, D. (prod.); Henson, J. & Odell, D. (writ.) (December 17, 1982). The Dark Crystal (Motion picture). New York City, NY: Jim Henson Productions.
- Cesare, A. & Compiet, I. (2020), The Dark Crystal Bestiary: The Definitive Guide to the Creatures of Thra, Insight Editions, p. 43, ISBN 1683838211
- Smith, A. C. H., & Odell, D. (1982). The Dark Crystal. Holt, Rinehart and Winston . ISBN 0030624363
- Froud, B. & Llewellyn, J. J., (2003) The World of the Dark Crystal. Pavilion Books. p. 50. ISBN 1-86205-624-2
- Froud, B. & Llewellyn, J. J., (2003) The World of the Dark Crystal. Pavilion Books. p. 52. ISBN 1-86205-624-2