The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics is an upcoming video game based on The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. It is a battle-strategy game where you play as the Gelfling in a war against each other. Other species such as the Podling and the Fizzgigs will also be playable.
It was initially revealed during Nintendo's E3 event on June 11th, 2019. However it is not exclusive to the Nintendo Switch, and shall be released on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows, and macOS as well. There is no release date as of yet, but it shall be released after The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance sometime during 2019.
In The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics, lead the heroic Gelfling to restore light to the world of Thra! Experience everything the fantasy world has to offer by playing through the events of the Netflix series. Encounter never-seen-before playable characters, stories, and environments.
- Over the course of 70 unique turn-based campaign battles taking place across the lands of Thra, recruit new allies and customize their forces by assigning them jobs and outfitting them with new equipment.
- Continue the Story in an Expanded World of Thra - Delve deeper into the legend of The Dark Crystal to learn more about the Gelfling clans and their histories across more than 5 diverse, modular territories. Choose from over 15 character jobs, play through reimagined and brand-new battles against the malicious Skeksis and help lead the proud Gelfling to victory.
- Gelfling Tactics - Devise unique ways for the outmatched Gelfling to fulfill their prophecy in multi-layered, turn-based tactical combat. Units can be customized for specific fights with gear, upgradable abilities and a job system. Use guile, planning and cunning to overcome superior foes!
- Highly Replayable - Replay finished battles to earn full marks or replay the entire game! Once completed, challenge New game+ mode, keeping all progress from the first playthrough while facing more difficult versions of battles.
- Rich, Dynamic Environments - The world of Thra is a living, unpredictable environment as dangerous as it is beautiful. Dynamic events on the battlefield may create opportunities or put the Gelflings at a disadvantage, necessitating rapid changes in strategy.
- In-game sprites were designed to move as the actual puppets would move in The Dark Crystal and The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, with purportedly no range of motion that said puppets wouldn't have.
- ↑ The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC
- ↑ The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics Looks Like Jim Henson's Fire Emblem - Gamescom 2019 - IGN
- ↑ IGN VIDEO - THE DARK CRYSTAL: AGE OF RESISTANCE TACTICS LOOKS LIKE JIM HENSON’S FIRE EMBLEM - gonintendo.com @ 1:36