The Scepter of Office was traditionally held by the Emperor of the Skeksis. The top of the scepter incorporated a sculpture of the abiranariba serpent swallowing the world. Its body had nine segments, the symbolic number of instability.
During the time of the Gelfling resistance, skekSo incorporated a small crystal onto the scepter which allowed him to gather the Darkening and use it to lethal effect during the Second Battle of Stone-in-the-Wood.
During the Age of Power, the Scepter was housed alongside other Skeksis relics in skekTek's former laboratory. Jen used the Scepter to arrest the newly returned Skeksis and imprison them, but had it taken from him by skekSil. It was eventually lost in the Great Divide during skekSil's pursuit of Thurma and Kensho.
Behind the scenesEdit
- ↑ Froud, B. & Llewellyn, J. J., (2003) The World of the Dark Crystal. Pavilion Books. ISBN 1-86205-624-2
- ↑ "Time to Make...My Move" The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. Netflix. August 30, 2019
- ↑ "A Single Piece Was Lost" The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. Netflix. August 30, 2019
- ↑ Spurrier, S., The Power of the Dark Crystal, #2, Archaia, USA, April 2017
- ↑ Spurrier, S., The Power of the Dark Crystal, #3, Archaia, USA, May 2017
- ↑ Spurrier, S. & Kennedy Johnson, P., The Power of the Dark Crystal, #8, Archaia, USA, October 2017
- ↑ Spurrier, S. & Kennedy Johnson, P., The Power of the Dark Crystal, #10, Archaia, USA, January 2018
- ↑ Audio commentary: The Dark Crystal. Narrator: Brian Froud. Directors: Jim Henson and Frank Oz. 1982. Blu-ray. Universal, 2007.
- ↑ C. Gaines, The Dark Crystal: The Ultimate Visual History, Titan Books, 2017, p. 123, ISBN 1-78565-592-2.