Old Gelfling was the archaic language of the Gelfling. By the late Age of Division, words from the language were used in titles and personal names, while full sentences were used for ritual and ceremonial purposes.
- ghel-lflainnk - "those who live without knowledge of the future", the etymological root of "Gelfling".
- gidakai kae - a salutation used by Rek'yr to greet the Gelfling resistance.
- maudra - "mother", later used as a title for a clan matriarch.
- maudren - "those of the Mothers".
- rian - "a little solution to a big problem", chosen by Shoni as a personal name for her and Ordon's future son.
- Ru Aiki Ru A'ela Ru Ada'a Ru - sung by Seladon to summon Windsifters.
- Tsian oo as ae oo-oo am Bez a-a-a puy-um tsa, Nu mi-ami oo-a-be Tso-o-o-am be-na-ub - a dirge sung by members of the Gelfling resistance in memory of All-Maudra Mayrin.
- vliya - essence.
- vliyaya - "flame of the blue fire".
- yesmit - curse word, referring to Aughra's third eye.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 – Andelfinger, Nicole., Age of Resistance – The Quest for the Dual Glaive, #4, Archaia, USA, December 2019
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Age of Resistance – "By Gelfling Hand...". Netflix. August 30, 2019
- ↑ Froud, B. & Llewellyn, J. J., (2003) The World of the Dark Crystal. Pavilion Books. ISBN 1-86205-624-2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Language, Darkcrystal.com
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.