The Podlings domesticated Nebrie for their dairy products and used their skin to make drums, while the patches of fur around their faces and ears would be fashioned into clothes for their children. Members of the Order of Lesser Service would help raise baby Nebrie, whose teeth had yet to grow, by chewing food and spitting it in their mouths. The Skeksis considered Roast Nebrie to be a great delicacy, often slaughtering the animal for their daily banquets. The Sifa Clan frequently shipped Nebrie eggs.
To be likened to a Nebrie held multiple connotations, indicating both someone methodical and easygoing, or just slow. The term "flat-footed Nebrie" indicated someone unable to win races, while being liked to a "happy Nebrie" meant someone who was as happy as could be.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Walton, M. (2020), Dream-Seeking: Quizzes, Trivia, and Adventure (Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal), Penguin Young Readers Licences, p. 58, ISBN 0593095405
- ↑ Froud, B. & Llewellyn, J. J., (2003) The World of the Dark Crystal. Pavilion Books. ISBN 1-86205-624-2
- ↑ "What Was Sundered and Undone" The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. Netflix. August 30, 2019
- ↑ Henson, J. & Oz, F. (dir.); Henson, J., Kurtz, G. & Lazer, D. (prod.); Henson, J. & Odell, D. (writ.) (December 17, 1982). The Dark Crystal (Motion picture). New York City, NY: Jim Henson Productions.
- ↑ – Erman, Matthew., Age of Resistance – The Journey into the Mondo Levidian, #9, Archaia, USA, July 2020
- ↑ Age of Resistance – "End. Begin. All the Same.". Netflix. August 30, 2019